Te wo Tsunagou Yo 31 (Final chapter)


READ TE WO TSUNAGOU YO 30 HERE

Chika and Azuki are in a mall and it's filled with Christmas decorations. Azuki remarks, "Wow- It's completely in Christmas mode.”


Azuki: It's exciting. This atmosphere every year. (It makes me feel like shopping!) ✨
Chika: Aren't you totally getting carried away?
Azuki: Even though you're excited too?
Chika: Well-


Azuki (whipping out a shopping list): Well then, before we pick up Daizu and Ryuusei, let's quickly do our shopping. Hiiragi-kun can't manage, so we'll have to split up to do this efficiently. (Here! This is your share of the task, Chika-chan.)
Chika: ...Even though Hiiragi-kun was looking forward to doing the shopping for the Christmas party. I can't believe he filled in the answer sheet off by one question and has to take supplementary lessons... (It's very Hiiragi-kun, though.)

There's a small panel of Mizuki panicking during the test, realizing that the answer sheet doesn't have enough spaces for him to fill.

Azuki: Well, luckily, it's just for today... (Gotta count our blessings.)

(Azuki managed to escape failing marks.)

Azuki: I'm sure Hiiragi-kun will have fun decorating the Christmas tree, so to ensure that, we have to make the preparations perfect!
Chika: Then, I'll head over to look for the decorations. (See you later-)
Azuki: Gotcha!


Azuki heads off in another direction, thinking to herself that she shall look for costumes for Daizu and Ryuusei.

Someone calls out to Azuki, "Oh? Azuki?"

Azuki (turning around): Ah. Maho-nee!
Maho: Hello~ It's been a while- Are you shopping?
Azuki: Yes, I'm shopping for a Christmas party together with Chika-chan... Oh! I just remembered!
Maho: ? ...Eh-
Azuki: I'm awfully late to say this, but...


Azuki (bowing towards Maho): Thank you very much for your help that time.
Maho: Huh? What? What's wrong, so suddenly-
Azuki: Ah, it's for when you gave me advice back then. I haven't been able to thank you for it!
Maho: Ah, that, huh- 
Azuki: Because of that day, I was able to move forward, so thank you, Maho-nee.
Maho: ...It's- Well, I'm happy to hear that. I thought that it felt more like I was lecturing you, though.
Azuki: That's not true! Those were such kind words of advice!
Maho: Anyway, I'm glad. It settled down nicely. Congratulations.

Azuki looks at Maho and recalls the time Chika talked to her about his past.


Azuki narrates: There's just one thing. After I heard from Chika-chan, there was just one thing I was concerned about. I was concerned, but there was no answer; just a small doubt remaining in my heart.

Azuki: ......Say, Maho-nee.
Maho: Hm?
Azuki: ...It might be weird for me to ask this suddenly, but is it possible that Maho-nee, you have always liked Chika-ch-

Maho shuts Azuki up by covering her mouth.

Maho: Okay, stop there-
Azuki: Mmf-
Maho: Oi oi, what were you about to say there? Or rather, why would you think that?
Azuki: Um- ...Ah- uh- That's... how do I put this-... Chika-chan told me about... various things... For some reason, I suddenly came to such a consideration.

In Azuki's head, she's regretting asking, thinking to herself, 'Oh no, this is bad. Maybe I shouldn't have said it...?!'

Maho thinks to herself, 'She found out, huh. Everything. You really told her, Chii-......Regardless, on top of that, for Azuki to still be treating me normally like this... What can I say? I expected no less from you, Azuki...'


Azuki: I'm sorry, Maho-nee. I...
Maho: ...Say, Azuki. I'm a pretty cunning person, you know.
Azuki: Eh?
Maho: That's why, I have no intention of answering your question. Azuki, you'll have to take all of your questions with you to your grave.

Azuki looks at Maho, possibly searching for an answer from Maho's expression. Maho simply gives her a neutral smile.

Maho: Now! What is the good girl's response-?
Azuki: Uhhh......... I- I understand. Though I don't get it.


Maho looks a little surprised at Azuki's answer, then laughs, "Haha, good answer!"

Azuki narrates: Honestly, is this okay? What is the correct answer? Nevertheless, since Maho-nee is smiling...

Azuki smiles back at Maho.

Turning away a little, Azuki thinks to herself, 'I pinky-promised you, but I hope you'll forgive me for this, Chika-chan.'

Maho notices someone approach them.

Maho: Ah. You're here, Chii-
Chika: Huh, eh? What, why- what are the two of you...
Azuki: Eh? Ah- um, this...

Maho puts an arm around Azuki, replying, "We met by chance and had a little girl talk- ❤"

Azuki looks a little surprised, not knowing how to respond. However, with Maho's silent nudging, Azuki agrees, "Um- yes, girl talk."

Maho: Right-
Chika: ......


Chika (sighing): Hah- What's with that. Anyway, putting the girl talk aside, Azuki, your shopping. (It's almost time to go.)
Azuki: Ah! I forgot...! Sorry, Maho-nee, we'll be going now.
Maho: Sure thing-
Chika: ...Seeya.
Maho: Yeah. Bye-bye. Azuki, too, bye-
Azuki: Yes. See you later!

Azuki's "see you later" surprises both Chika and Maho.

After turning away and walking a distance from Maho (who is still staring after them), Chika remarks to Azuki, "...You know, you're really amazing." to which Azuki just goes, "? What?"

Maho chuckles to herself, thinking about Azuki's words. 'Fufu, see you later, eh. (It's very Azuki.)'


Maho watches as Chika laughs while talking to Azuki. Smiling contentedly to herself, she turns and walks away, thinking, 'Alright, I should find a boyfriend soon, too-'

The narration reads: After that, the days until Christmas flew by.

On Christmas Day, we see a tearful Azuki covering her mouth from overwhelming surprise. Daizu and Ryuusei are dressed in snowman onesies!

Azuki (desperately taking photos): ~~~G-g-god! Oh god! Such a god-sent, miraculous existence!
Ryuusei (asking Daizu): What are these supposed to be?
Daizu: Snowmen!
Chika: Okay, we're starting- Our usual high-speed photo-taking session.

Behind Chika, Mizuki also snaps a picture of the younger siblings.

Chika (asking Mizuki): You, too?
Azuki: Then, next, pose while holding hands!
Daizu: Hey- I'm hungry already!
Ryuusei: Me too! Let's start the party already. (I want meat!)
Azuki: Uwuh- Then, just one more-

There's a loud rumbling sound. Azuki clutches her tummy, going, "Ah."


They lay out the food on the table. Clearing her throat, Azuki begins, "...Um- With that, as it is unfortunate that our parents are still corporate slaves today... let's have fun and enjoy ourselves on our parents' behalf! Merry Christmas!"

The others raise a toast in response to Azuki, "Merry Christmas-"

All 5 of them have fun eating, singing and playing games together.

Later, Daizu happily shows Ryuusei a book.

Daizu: Tada-! It's a present from Santa Claus!
Ryuusei: What's that?
Daizu: It's a Deluxe version of Encyclopedia of the Wonderful Creatures of the World!! (It has all sorts of incredible creatures!!)
Ryuusei: O-oh.


Daizu explains, "When I woke up in the morning, there was a letter from Santa-san. Then I was given quizzes to do. It felt like treasure-hunting and was super fun-!"

(Daizu was given a series of notes to look for the next clue.
1. Beyond the place where the light is blocked - window behind curtains
2. In a box that can chill or freeze - refrigerator
3. Place where you clean your body - bathroom)

Chika: You outdid yourself again this year, eh.
Azuki: Fufufu. All for the sake of taking adorable pictures of Daizu ✨
Mizuki: As expected of the paragon of brocons.

Daizu: Ryuusei-kun, what did you get?
Ryuusei: ...I- I... didn't get a letter from Santa...
Daizu: Eh---!! Why? What about a present?
Ryuusei (tearing up): There was a present, but a letter... Ugh- Darn... Santa is... *sniff* unfair...!

Azuki: ...Ryuusei-kun, about that...
Mizuki: It's all right, Ryuusei. Actually, this is a big secret, but Santa is busy, so there's a sequence to the letters. If you continue being good, it'll be Ryuusei's turn next year.


Mizuki: Therefore, look forward to it, okay?
Ryuusei: ...Really?
Mizuki: Yes. Really.
Ryuusei: Really, for real?
Mizuki: Really, for real.
Ryuusei (wiping his tears away): ...Mm. I have no choice, then! I'll wait because I'm mature!
Mizuki: That's amazing, Ryuusei! 
Ryuusei (proudly): Because I'm an adult. 😤

Chika: Adults don't cry that easily though, Ryuusei-kun~
Ryuusei: !! I-I didn't cry...!
Mizuki: Eh, you did cry, though.
Daizu: You cried!
Chika: You did cry-
Ryuusei: ?! Guh- Ughh... Mizuki, you idiot! Meanie!
Mizuki: Eh, why?!


Azuki smiles as she watches all of them interacting cordially with one another.

Azuki: Alright! Now- For the next activity, let's play Twister!
Chika: Wha?
Mizuki: Oh?
Ryuusei: What's that?
Daizu: I'll explain!

Azuki's narration reads: I don't know why, but I somehow recall so many things. Things that happened after Hiiragi-kun and his family moved in--...

Later, Azuki is at the veranda, looking up at the night sky in the cold air. She thinks to herself, 'In the blink of an eye, it's already winter...'

The door to the veranda rattles and Chika joins her.

Chika: You'll catch a cold, you know-
Azuki: Oh? Not taking a bath?
Chika: I got the 3 of them to go first.


Azuki: Eh? I wonder if Hiiragi-kun will be alright by himself.
Chika: It's no problem at all. The 3 of them are having fun taking a bubble bath.
Azuki: Eh, that's cute...
Chika: Anyway, if I didn't do this, we wouldn't be able to have alone time.

Chika wraps both of them in a blanket that he brought out. He looks at Azuki and finds her blushing up at him.

Chika: Ah, I made you blush?
Azuki: I was already blushing, though?
Chika (laughing): How honest. So, what were you doing?
Azuki: Mm- I was thinking about the things that have happened since Hiiragi-kun and them moved in. ...He's really become a fine older brother, that Hiiragi-kun. The way he brilliantly followed up with Ryuusei-kun just now; It's a big change from those days when he used to get yelled at for being absurd.
Chika: Pft- It's true.


Chika: When I think about it, there's really been so much that's changed, eh-
Azuki: Yeah.
Chika: ...Not just Hiiragi-kun. Me, and you, too.
Azuki: Oh, I was just thinking the same thing.
Chika: Oh, really?
Azuki: Really. ...I'm sure we all changed because we met Hiiragi-kun.

Azuki narrates: After meeting Hiiragi-kun, I learned about feelings I didn't know about, and beyond that, I realized what was important to me.


Azuki continues narrating: When I think about the days we had fun or had worries, they seem to speed up all at once.

Laughing up at Chika, Azuki says, "Hiiragi-kun is amazing, isn't he?" and Chika responds, laughing as well, "That's right-"


After a pause, Azuki goes, "Ah, right."

Azuki: Chika-chan, can you come out of the blanket for a little and bend down? Also, close your eyes and turn your head to the left!
Chika: Huh?
Azuki: Just do it, quick!
Chika: Okay, okay.

Obediently following Azuki's instructions, Chika thinks, '...What on earth are you planning on doing...'

After a moment, Azuki says, "Done! This is your Christmas present." and Chika opens his eyes. Azuki has put an earring on his left earlobe.

Looking at Chika, Azuki contentedly says, "Yes, it's perfect for Chika-chan indeed."


Chika is caught by surprise. He can only say in response, "...I can't see, though..."

Azuki: It's fine! It suits you perfectly. ✨
Chika: Ah- I see.

Chika blushes red as a tomato, then leans over the balcony railing to hide his face.

Chika: Ah- Geez... I wasn't expecting it at all... A surprise attack?
Azuki: It's a surprise, so of course. Heheh, complete success.

Chika, still blushing, turns to look at Azuki.

Chika: Hah---... Then, it's my turn now.
Azuki: Okay! 
Chika: Alright, I'll make it quick. Don't open your eyes, okay-
Azuki: Mm.


Chika's gift is a woolen beanie. He puts it onto Azuki's head and covers her eyes with it, surprising her. Then, he kisses her too.

Chika: This is payback.
Azuki (blushing): W-wha... Chika-ch-


Chika: Next year, let's spend Christmas Eve together as the two of us.
Azuki: Okay.

The narration reads: Every day is more colourful than the last when I'm with Chika-chan.

Azuki and Chika hold hands, and Chika says, "It's about time we head back."


Azuki nods in assent, when somebody enters the veranda.

It's Mizuki, who says, "I've found the two of you! Geez, what are you doing in the cold weather like this? You'll catch a cold! Come on, head inside quickly..."

Mizuki reaches out and grabs both of their hands, when he notices that Chika and Azuki are also holding hands.

Mizuki: ......Oh. Could it be that I just interrupted-
Daizu: Ah-! The 3 of them are holding hands, what are they doing...

Daizu and Ryuusei turn to each other, then shout in excitement, "Is this a ritual to summon the aliens...?!"

Before the older kids can react, Daizu and Ryuusei insert themselves into the hand-holding circle.


Daizu: I wanna do it too!
Ryuusei: Me too!
Chika (looking at Azuki): ...Eh, what's this?
Azuki (looking at Mizuki): What indeed?
Mizuki (looking at Chika and Azuki): I wonder.

After an awkward silence, all three of them burst out laughing, "...Pfft, whatever, it's fine."

Azuki: Alright then, *achoo* let's trying communicating with the aliens!
Mizuki, Daizu, Ryuusei: Yeah!
Chika: Ah, no, we'll catch a cold.


The narration reads: Tomorrow, the day after, and from now on, every day is always fun and lovely.

-END- (There's still a bonus section! Stay tuned for the next update!)

Comments