Te wo Tsunagou Yo Extra

READ TE WO TSUNAGOU YO 31 HERE

Azuki's Hero


After the events of Chapter 31, on another winter day, Chika and Azuki are sitting together in the kotatsu.
Chika: By the way, did I do something that made you call me a hero?
Azuki: Oh? Why do you know that you are my hero, Chika-chan?
Chika: I heard from Hiiragi-kun. (Chapter 10 and 14)
Azuki: Ah.
Chika: It's pathetic, but I just got saved by you recently... So I was wondering why-

Azuki looks at Chika, then scoots over to sit right next to him. Holding his hand gently, she answers, "...Like this, Chika-chan held my hand. That's why."

Chika goes, "Eh...?"

There's a flashback to their elementary school days. Young Azuki sits alone in class, surrounded by her classmates who gossip about her.

"I don't get along with Kusunoki-san."
"Isn't she always talking about her little brother and playing with him?"
"I mean, she's so expressionless that you can't tell what she's thinking, right?"
"Isn't she kinda odd?"
"It's a little scary how she's so weird."


After school, young Azuki and young Chika are standing by the classroom window.

Chika: Azuki, did something happen in class?
Azuki: Nothing.
Chika: ......

Young Chika looks concerned and holds young Azuki's hand.

Chika: Why don't you tell me? Silly.
Azuki: *sniff*

Tears well up and spill over young Azuki's eyes. Young Chika now looks relieved and holds her hand more tightly, going, "You're really silly-..."


Azuki (reminiscing): And with that, Chika-chan, you stayed next to me and held my hand until I stopped crying...
Chika: ......Eh? That's all?
Azuki: That's all?! Chika-chan, you were always next to me and holding my hand. I had never felt this happy and relieved. Moreover, thanks to that, it gave me the courage to face my classmates.

Chika hugs Azuki.

Chika: Ah--...
Azuki: ...Chika-chan? Are you acting spoiled? (It's cute.)
Chika (smiling to himself): Shut up.

Chika's narration reads: ...I used to be your hero too, huh.

Around the same time, at Mizuki's house, Daizu suddenly says, "Somehow I think onee-chan is having lovey-dovey time...!"

Ryuusei: Are you psychic or something?!
Mizuki: Eh?! Is it real...?!

-END-

Comments