Te wo Tsunagou Yo 30



There's a flashback to when Chika and Azuki were still middle school students. They're in Azuki's bedroom, studying. (The calendar shows that it's October.)
Putting his pen down, Chika glances over to Azuki to say that they should take a break. However, he finds that Azuki has already dozed off.


Chika recalls how Azuki had very recently just approached him, looking very troubled and asking for his help, because she was struggling with her studies.

He decides to pull a blanket over Azuki, but Azuki seems to murmur something. Chika goes, "Ah, you're awake...", but Azuki is still fast asleep. She mutters in her sleep, "Chika-chan..."


Chika sees the mole on Azuki's neck and stares at her in silence.

Then, he goes close to Azuki and kisses the mole on her neck. Just then, Azuki stirs. Chika gets very surprised and immediately jerks back, blushing furiously upon realizing what he just did.

Azuki has woken up and while rubbing her sleepy eyes, apologizes to Chika for falling asleep. She checks the time, but Chika is too overwhelmed and flustered by his actions. He gets up and grabs his bag.


Chika hastily tells Azuki that his mom asked him to run an errand (limited time sale at the shops) and leaves.

Once outside Azuki's house, Chika thinks to himself, 'It's absurd. What did I just do...? It's the worst. What was I thinking? What was I doing? This, this kind of... My current self--...'

While lost in his thoughts, Chika bumps into Maho (who is in high school). She goes, "Wah- Oh, Chii-? What's wrong, being in such a hurry..."

She notices that Chika has tears in his eyes and a flushed face. Chika turns away and apologizes, trying to get away, but Maho stops him.


Concerned about Chika, Maho asks him if he would like to go to her house.

Chika narrates: I was afraid of my uncontrollable feelings towards Azuki. I wanted a place to release my dirty thoughts towards her, a place where I could escape to. Nonetheless, the relief was only temporary. In the end, I only felt emptiness.

On a day in December, Chika is at Maho's house and he tells her, "Let's stop this."


Chika: I'm sorry. For various things.
Maho: No, it's completely fine. (I was the one who started it after all.) What is it, have you finally overcome it?
Chika: Nope. It's not that.
Maho: No?
Chika: ...It's not that, but even so, this isn't right. ...Thanks to you, I've calmed down a little compared to before. I managed to avoid all sorts of outbursts.
Maho: Haha, thanking me, eh- Well, it's just right for me anyway. I'm moving away from here next spring (if I get accepted into university). ...Are you alright? By yourself.
Chika: Yeah. I'll properly control myself and protect her till the end, by her side.


Chika narrates: After that, the days that passed in the next year were peaceful. ...In our second year of high school, our daily lives, Azuki, and the environment I wanted to protect all changed.

We see Chika in an empty corridor in school, on the phone.

Maho: Hello? Chii? It's been a long time, huh- (Around one year?) What's up?
Chika: ...There's something I'd like to talk to you about.


Chika narrates again: I was constantly just running away. So many times I wanted to change, yet so many times I ran away. Get your act together already, you!

We see Chika in the present, running in the snow. He has multiple flashbacks of his various interactions with Azuki and Mizuki in the past year.


Chika narrates: I can't erase the past, neither can I change it. However--...

A breathless Chika arrives outside his house and he sees Azuki about to press the doorbell to his place. Azuki realizes that Chika has appeared and goes, "Ah... Chika-cha-".

Before she can finish talking, Chika pulls her into his embrace.


Chika: ...Azuki, I-
Azuki: Cold...
Chika: Huh?
Azuki (backing away from Chika and examining him): Oh no! Chika-chan, why aren't you wearing your coat...?! Your hair, too!
Chika: Eh-
Azuki (fussing over Chika): You've got snow everywhere! (You'll catch a cold, you know!)
Chika: Ah-... Right-
Azuki (touching Chika's cheek): Right, you say...! Your cheeks are cold, too.
Chika: No, it's because I wanted to see you right away, so without thinking, I...
Azuki: Eh...
Chika (taking Azuki's hand in his): I'm sorry, Azuki. I lied to you.


Chika continues, "...Honestly, I don't know if it's right to tell you everything, but I want you to listen to what I have to say."

Azuki looks at Chika blankly for a moment, then raises her palm towards him, going, "No, it's fine.", surprising Chika.

Chika: Eh?
Azuki: I've indeed been persistently asking you recently, but you don't have to force yourself to talk.
Chika: No, I'm not forcing myself-
Azuki: Also, Chika-chan, your hand. It's trembling.

Azuki squeezes Chika's hand.

Chika: ...Ah- No, well... It's true that it's weirdly trembling, but I'm really calm right now, so I want to properly talk to you, Azuki.


Chika: I've decided, that's why I'm here.
Azuki (holding Chika's hands with hers): ...Okay. Please allow me to listen to whatever you want to say, Chika-chan.

Chika's narration goes: My hands were trembling, and my voice was shaking a little, but even so, Azuki earnestly listened to the things I said to the end, without averting her gaze even once.


After explaining everything to Azuki, Chika says, "...And that was everything that I've been hiding. I was afraid that you'd be disappointed if you found out about this pathetic side of me. I simply tried to protect myself, and failed to consider your feelings. I'm really sorry--..."

Azuki is silent for a moment, then she asks, "...Chika-chan, do you currently still think that I might be disappointed?"


Chika answers, "I don't know, but I'm afraid. Nevertheless, Hiiragi-kun woke me up. No matter what you'll think of me, I needed to face you honestly. Now I feel like it can't be helped, and I'm prepared for the worst to happen."

Azuki: Wha-
Chika: But now I've understood that I have no intention of giving up on you.


Chika narrates again: I can't erase the past, neither can I change it. That's why, let me try again.

Chika says to Azuki, "I'm selfish, egotistical and extremely uncool, but even so, until you'll hold my hand again, Azuki, I want to do my best."

Azuki is silent for a moment, then she stands up.

Azuki: ...Chika-chan.
Chika: Ye-yes...?
Azuki (sharply turning her head towards Chika): I'm not gonna break up with you.
Chika: ?!


Azuki: I mean, you're making light of my feelings too much.
Chika: Eh?
Azuki: Well, because of me, you've been made to worry about lots of things. As the person who caused you to be anxious, I feel like I shouldn't be saying this, but why are you being so pessimistic?
Chika: No- Rather than being pessimistic, I think it's more optimistic...
Azuki: ...Indeed, about the thing with Maho-nee, I was shocked. I just felt like, oh, that's not good. ...However, denying your past or blaming you would be strange. In the first place, that wasn't what I was thinking. More than that, I hated that I didn't know anything. Chika-chan, no matter how you feel bad about yourself, or think that you're pathetic, I wouldn't feel disillusioned from that. I want to be the one who understands you the best, no matter what you are, Chika-chan.


Azuki: Seems like my possessiveness is off the charts.

Chika looks at Azuki, surprised, but doesn't say anything. Azuki continues, somewhat talking to herself, "However, I guess it was better to talk directly. I tried to put it all in a letter, but no matter how much I wrote, I just couldn't seem to get it together. I'm glad I found the courage to come and look for you."

Azuki's muttering is lightly interrupted by Chika falling back towards his bed in relief, going, "Ah---..."

Azuki: Hm? (What's wrong, Chika-chan?)
Chika (laughing a little): ...Geez, I'm really no match for you.
Azuki: ? What?
Chika: There it is again. Miss Oblivious.


Chika narrates: You're always able to surpass my thoughts so easily. Azuki, you'll always be my hero.

Later, Azuki is at Chika's front door and about to leave.

Azuki: Well, see you tomorrow, Chika-chan.
Chika: Yeah. Thank you so much, really.
Azuki (turning to leave, then stopping suddenly): Thanks, too. Alright... Ah! I forgot to make a promise!
Chika: Promise?
Azuki (holding out her pinky finger): Here!


Azuki says, "From now on, without hiding anything, we'll properly talk and discuss about things, no matter what they are."

However, Azuki slumps and adds, "If it's just us being awkward with each other it might be fine... but this time, we ended up causing Hiiragi-kun to worry about us..."

Recovering, Azuki continues with a smile, "...Moreover, I want us to always be together, so let's not hide anything from each other!"

Chika smiles and links his pinky finger with Azuki's.

Azuki: Alright! And one more thing!
Chika: Eh? What is it now...


Azuki tip-toes and pulls Chika down for a kiss on the lips, surprising him.

After breaking the kiss, Azuki shyly declares, "Overwritten and saved!". She then blushes awkwardly while Chika just stares at her.


Azuki can't take the embarrassment anymore and hurriedly leaves with a, "Okay, bye!". Chika can only continue standing there, dazed and blushing, as she shuts the door behind her.

He thinks to himself, '...No way. I almost died there...'

The next morning, Mizuki gets ready to leave for school while reminding Ryuusei to put on his scarf. When he opens his front door, he is greeted by Azuki and Chika, who are waiting outside for them.

They all cheerfully greet each other good morning (and Mizuki is clearly happy to see them together).

The narration reads: We clashed with each other and made up; From today onwards, we will be the same as usual.

Comments