Te wo Tsunagou Yo 28

READ TE WO TSUNAGOU YO 27 HERE

Azuki, Chika and Mizuki are relaxing at one of their houses together, sitting in a kotatsu.


Mizuki: In other words, you're saying that the two of you ended up exploring only Asakusa?
Azuki: Yeah.
Mizuki: What a waste...! It was supposed to be a wonderful opportunity for the two of you to escape from the daily norms and flirt all you wanted.
Chika: Well, originally, we were supposed to spend that free-and-easy time with our friends.
Azuki: Making memories with friends is also very important.
Mizuki (nodding): Indeed.
Chika: Furthermore, we did make lots of good memories in Asakusa.


Azuki glances over at Chika and blushes a little from his words. There starts to be a pink aura between the couple and Mizuki senses it.


Mizuki: The lovey-dovey aura here sure is strong.
Azuki and Chika (startled): Lovey-dovey-
Mizuki: It's a relief. I'm happy that we're still able to hang out together. I was worried if the two of you would feel awkward around me. With this, I feel reassured.

Mizuki surprises Azuki and Chika by suddenly adding, "That being the case! When you continue to flirt like this from now on, please sometimes spare a thought for me, too. Got it?"


Azuki smiles at Mizuki and remains silent, while Chika responds by saying, "Then, let's get you ready. For the end of term exams next month, I'll make sure you study hard."

Mizuki freezes in shock. Azuki also flinches, going, "End of terms...!?"

Chika: Azuki, you had better prepare yourself too.
Azuki: Ugh-

Daizu and Ryuusei open the door to the room, Daizu calling out, "Onee-chan!"


Daizu and Ryuusei are adorably dressed in penguin jackets and shoes, and holding stuffed toys that were bought for them from Chika and Azuki's school trip! (Mizuki is also hugging a jellyfish stuffed toy that they bought for him.)

Azuki immediately whips out her phone to take pictures.

Azuki: This is such a miracle.
Ryuusei: Ah! Don't keep taking pictures!
Mizuki: I also wanna take some pictures.
Daizu: Ryuusei-kun, why don't you just give up and let them take the pictures? (You can't stop my onee-chan anyway...)
Chika: Hiiragi-kun has completely become Azuki's comrade, eh-


Azuki narrates: In just the blink of an eye, our fun-filled school trip also smoothly came to an end, and our lively daily lives resumed.

On another day, Azuki is now hunched over her desk at home, groaning. "I can't anymore... My brain is completely fried from all the math and English..."

Chika: Eh? That can't be. We've just started studying not two hours ago.
Azuki: ...That's true. It's true that we've barely studied for two hours...

(On Monday, Azuki and Mizuki were pumped up, asking lots of questions.
On Tuesday, Azuki was able to focus on studying alone while Chika tutored Mizuki.
On Wednesday, Azuki and Mizuki started to burn out, saying that it felt like they were studying even in their dreams. 
On Thursday, Azuki and Mizuki were at their limit.
On Friday, Azuki and Mizuki looked like they were on the verge of death.)


Azuki says to Chika, "This past week, we've been studying like this every day. It's exhausting and difficult to do this after school, plus you also have your own revision to do. I'm so thankful that you're still willing to spend the time and effort to help us study......"

She continues, "Even though I say that we're thankful... studying so hard first thing on a weekend morning is fatal after all! Just look at Hiiragi-kun...!"

Mizuki is collapsed in his futon with a fever, mumbling something about English and math. He used up all of his energy studying the previous night (Saturday). Daizu is at their house to play and asks Ryuusei what's wrong with Mizuki. Ryuusei answers that Mizuki studied too hard.

Chika: ...Well, you see, if you guys don't study hard enough, both of you will need to take supplementary lessons in the winter, like what happened during summer break.
Azuki (dejected): Y-you're right...... But we're still...


Chika says, "Well, it's fine. Simply forcing yourselves to study will have the opposite effect. Let's just stop here for today."

Azuki brightens up and is touched, answering, "! Chika-chan...! I promise that I'll study hard tomorrow onwards!"

Chika: Okay, okay.
Azuki: Alright! Now, what shall we do... (she looks at the clock, it's 11:35AM.) This is an appropriate time for me to prepare lunch. I'll make some porridge for Hiiragi-kun, so let's go over there to eat together.
Chika: Azuki.

Chika gestures for Azuki to go over to him.

Azuki: ? What's wrong, Chika-chan?
Chika: Come here and sit down~
Azuki: Eh?

Azuki obediently sits in front of Chika on the ground. She then turns her head to him and asks, "Like this? Chika-chan..."


Chika tightly hugs Azuki from behind, causing her to lean backwards into his chest. She blushes from surprise and her heart starts pounding loudly.

Chika: I'm just gonna recharge a little.
Azuki (blushing): By recharging, you mean...
Chika: Let's just consider this as my reward for helping you study.
Azuki: Reward...

While Azuki wonders what she should do, Chika nuzzles his cheek against Azuki's head.


When Azuki notices it, she smiles to herself and thinks that it's cute.

Reaching her arm upwards towards Chika, she pats his head gently, going, "Alright, alright."

Chika (surprised): ...What are you doing?
Azuki: I find Chika-chan so very adorable.
Chika: Huh?
Azuki: Fufufu-

Azuki narrates: When I'm hugged like this by Chika-chan, it feels different from usual - it makes me nervous and my heart races like mad. Nonetheless, it's kinda nice.

Chika gently tries to assert that he's not "cute" anymore, but Azuki answers that he is, and they lightly banter.


Azuki thinks to herself that it was thanks to Mizuki for giving her encouragement, and Maho for enlightening her. It was due to their kindness that she and Chika were able to come to this stage.

She then widens her eyes in realization. "I forgot to express my thanks to Maho-nee!"

When Chika hears that, he freezes up.

Chika: Eh? What?
Azuki: Thanking Maho-nee! I happened to run into Maho-nee on the day we were deciding on the Halloween costumes. It's been such a long time, so I went to her place for a bit. Then, I consulted her and she gave me advice.
Chika: ...Consulted?
Azuki: Yes! At that time, I wanted to properly think about my feelings towards you and asked you to wait for me, but in the end I simply worried about it without figuring anything out. Then, Maho-nee gently gave me a talking-to.


Azuki continues, "It's all thanks to her that I was able to notice various things. Yet, I forgot to express my thanks to such a benefactor! I'm such an ingrate...!"

Chika nervously thinks to himself that he didn't hear about this from Maho (Maho didn't tell him). However, he thinks back to what Maho had said to him over the phone (Chapter 26): "I thought it was about time to settle the issue, so I called." and realizes that he didn't tell Maho about what happened after Azuki confessed, yet Maho was able to say that to him.

Azuki then asks Chika, "Ah, come to think of it, Chika-chan, you'd been keeping in contact with Maho-nee, hadn't you?"


Chika doesn't answer and looks a little taken aback.

Chika: ......Eh?
Azuki: You see, when I went out to play with Hiiragi-kun, didn't we meet you on the way home? We met you outside Maho-nee's house, right? Maho-nee also said that she'd been keeping in contact with you. How sly! Keeping it a secret from us! (I didn't get to meet her, nor did I know her contact details!)

After hesitating a little, Chika uncomfortably begins, "...Ah- Um, it's nothing. Rather than say that I kept it a secret, it's more like I didn't contact her much at all."


Chika (trying to maintain a normal expression): I also only happened to meet her that day, so we chatted a little.
Azuki: ......Somehow I feel that Chika-chan's behavior is very odd.
Chika: ...What? I'm being normal.
Azuki: Nope, it's really strange. What's wrong?
Chika: There's nothing wrong.
Azuki: That's not true, there is.
Chika: But there isn't.
Azuki: There is.
Chika: Isn't.
Azuki: Ah, I got it. You're hiding something.
Chika (suddenly hugging/ tickling Azuki): I already said there isn't-
Azuki: Wah-

Daizu and Ryuusei suddenly burst into Azuki's room and inform that they're hungry. The two young boys discover that Chika and Azuki are in an embrace.

Daizu: Ah--!! 😮The two of you were hugging! 😆I caught you!! (Chika and Azuki quickly let go of each other.)
Azuki: Caught... No, that's just your imagination. Isn't that right, Chika-chan!
Chika: Ah- that's right.
Ryuusei: No, Daizu. That's just a lie made by adults to fool you.
Daizu: I understand, Detective Ryuusei.
Azuki: Ack-


Daizu: Now, confess your crimes, lying criminals!
Azuki: Criminals...?!

Chika notices that Azuki is distracted trying to deal with Daizu and breathes a sigh of relief to himself.

Later that night, Daizu nags at Azuki while she hugs him.

Daizu: Geez! Why didn't you tell us sooner? About the two of you dating!
Azuki: Um, I'm truly sorry. It was the school trip immediately after that, and many things happened, so it completely slipped my mind.
Daizu (huffing): If I hadn't been paying close attention to the scene today, I wouldn't have known about it!
Azuki: Yes.

(Daizu and Ryuusei had interrogated Azuki earlier in the day.
Daizu: What were you two doing?
Azuki: ...We were hugging.
Daizu: Why were you hugging!
Azuki: Because we're dating...
Daizu: What?!)

Azuki thinks to herself, 'Forget about thanking Maho-nee... I'm really such a mess handling this...'

Daizu continues, "I was really surprised, though- Because onee-chan said that you liked Mizuki-kun. So you actually like Chi-chan too!"

Hearing Daizu's comments, Azuki puts him down and then sits in a seiza position in front of him.


Azuki tells Daizu, "Regarding that matter, I'm prepared to accept any names you'll call me... be it bitch or promiscuous woman."

Daizu: Promisc- ? I don't really get it, but I've never thought that way.
Azuki: Eh?
Daizu: That's because the female heart is unfathomable! ✨(Matthew said so!)

Azuki's heart gets shot by a cupid arrow looking at how adorable Daizu is. She hugs him tightly, going, "I love you."


While still tightly hugging Daizu (he's complaining that it's too tight), Azuki gratefully thinks to herself, '...Why am I surrounded by such good people...'

She then remembers Chika and thinks, 'Regardless, Chika-chan was indeed rather strange just now... If I think back carefully, it was the moment I mentioned Maho-nee when he suddenly became unnatural.'

Azuki wonders if something happened between them that she isn't aware of. While Azuki is lost in her thoughts, Daizu slowly crawls out of her embrace.

Then, Azuki suddenly has a thought: 'Ah- Could it be that the two of them had a big fight over something... and then their relationship became awkward...? That's why the two of them don't really want to talk about the other person...?'


Still lost in her thoughts, Azuki reflexively brings Daizu back into her arms. He tries to struggle free of her grasp. She thinks, '...That can't be, they aren't children anymore. Hmm... mmm......'

Suddenly, Azuki declares to herself out loud, "It's fine! No matter how I think about it, I can't conclude anything. I'll ask again tomorrow! I'll ask Chika-chan!"

Daizu scolds her for shocking him.

Azuki narrates: I can't figure out what's going on. Only Chika-chan would know. It'd be best if there really wasn't anything wrong.

Meanwhile, Chika is studying at his desk in his room. He heard everything that Azuki said, including Daizu's scolding.

Putting down his pen, he sighs to himself and wonders what he should do. He thinks, 'It was unexpected, so I made up a white lie. Geez, what have I done? I'm so dumb... but what can I say other than that? Hah--... I'm so pathetic--...'


The next day, Azuki, Chika and Mizuki are studying in the library together.

Mizuki: Ohhh, amazing! I rested yesterday, so my brain is completely refreshed today! ✨
Chika (chuckling): You must have slept really well. Shall we keep up the pace and study more, then?
Mizuki: Yes! I'll study math!

Meanwhile, Azuki remains silent, deep in her thoughts. '......Why is it that I had no opportunity to talk, and before I know it, it's already after school?! Even now, I don't have an opportunity to get him alone. Is this some kind of bad luck?'

Azuki glances over at Chika and thinks to herself that at least the Chika right now doesn't seem different from the usual.


Mizuki: Ah, I left my math textbook in the classroom.
Chika: Oh, then do you want to study another subject?
Mizuki: No, I want to seize this time while I'm revitalized to tackle my weakest subject - math! (I'll go and retrieve it right now!) Please wait for me!
Chika: O-kay~

Azuki notices her chance! 

Azuki: Chika-chan.
Chika: I'm gonna buy something to drink, Azuki, do you want anything?
Azuki: Oh? T-then, I'll have soy cocoa.
Chika: Alright- (You sure like that drink.) I'm off-


Azuki realizes at the last second that she's letting Chika leave. Thinking, 'No...!', she grabs his arm to stop him.

She goes, "Wait, Chika-chan! Say, about yesterday..."

Chika pauses for a moment, the turns around to face Azuki. Azuki begins, "Chika-cha-", but Chika reaches his hands out and squeezes Azuki's cheeks to stop her from talking.

Azuki: Va are foo jooin (What are you doing?)
Chika: Geez, you've been fixated on this since yesterday.
Azuki: Mmm, veecus (Yes, because-)
Chika: I don't know what you're so concerned about, but there's really nothing between me and her. Okay?

Azuki stares at Chika's expression and seems to realize something. However, she remains silent.


After a slight pause, Azuki goes, "I see! Somehow, I thought that you might have gotten into an argument with Maho-nee or something... If there's really nothing, that's good, then!"

Chika: We're not fighting.
Azuki: Right! I'm sorry, I was too persistent.
Chika: ...No, I'm sorry, too-

At this moment, Mizuki returns with his textbook, going, "Sorry I made you wait."


Mizuki immediately notices that something is off between Chika and Azuki. He asks them, "Did something happen? (Both of you are standing up.)"

Azuki: Ah... It's nothing surprising! We were just tired of sitting down, so we stood up!
Mizuki: I see.
Azuki: Now then, Hiiragi-kun! Let's have a competition to see who can solve questions faster!
Mizuki: Eh- Suddenly?!
Azuki: Chika-chan shall be the judge!
Chika: Sure. Math questions, right?
Azuki: Yes!

Mizuki remains silent and stares at the two of them. He thinks to himself, 'Somehow... they're...', but before he can finish his thought, Chika tells him, "We're starting, Hiiragi-kun." Azuki also adds, "Let's compete, Hiiragi-kun!"


Mizuki snaps out of his thoughts and answers, "O-okay!"

(Mizuki suggests implementing a punishment for the loser and Azuki accepts the challenge.)

Meanwhile, Azuki narrates: ...Hey, Chika-chan. I'm dumb - all this time, I thought I knew you, but there's just so much I don't know about you. However, I know. That's a smile which says you're lying. I know, Chika-chan.

Comments