Te wo Tsunagou Yo 24


READ TE WO TSUNAGOU YO 23 HERE

Azuki recalls the words she said to Chika (in Chapter 16): "Until then, I hope you can stay by my side." and narrates: No matter what kind of answer he would get, he said that he would wait.

Chika is in his room listening to music while doing homework, but looks worried and restless.


He imagines Mizuki and Azuki having a heart-throbbing confession scene and becomes completely unable to focus on his work.


Leaning his head on the desk in frustration, Chika wonders to himself if he should have stopped Azuki earlier. He imagines a scenario:

Chika (gripping Azuki's wrist): Don't go. I don't want to let you go to where Hiiragi-kun is...!
Azuki (blushing): Chika-chan... ❤
Chika and Azuki hug in a heart-warming moment.

However, the real Chika tells himself that he can't think that way.


Chika thinks, '...If I tried to stop her, she would definitely stay behind and listen to me. However, if that happened, I would become unable to understand if Azuki's changes and feelings were because she felt the same as me, or because it was pity.'

Chika narrates that it's not impossible for them to revert to the way things were before, but he can't help hoping in his heart for the one-in-a-million chance that the one Azuki chooses in the end is him. At the same time, he is carrying an immense amount of worry that feels like it could consume him in an instant.


Feeling unable to handle the anxiety, Chika suddenly stands up and grabs his jacket. He quickly informs his mother that he's going out for a while. His mother asks where he's going this late (it's 10pm), but he says that it's a secret.

Chika narrates that he can't calm his feelings nor heart.


He reaches the lift lobby and presses for the lift. When he enters the lift, Azuki runs past it and they both miss each other.


Azuki reaches the outside of Chika's home and takes a few breaths before pressing the doorbell. Chika's mother opens the door, going, "What, did you forget something, Chika..." before she realizes that it's Azuki.

Azuki greets Chika's mother and informs that she is looking for Chika, but learns from Chika's mother that he just went out. Azuki wonders to herself if she happened to miss Chika.

Chika's mother sighs, "It's already so late, yet when I asked him where he was going, he said it was a secret- He must have gone to meet a girl. He's become completely precocious."


Upon hearing what Chika's mother said, Azuki is reminded of Maho and becomes seemingly lost for a moment.


Chika's mother invites Azuki into the house to wait until Chika returns home, saying that they haven't had a good chat in a while.

However, Azuki recalls Mizuki's encouragement from the previous chapter: "That's why, Azuki-san, take care."


Feeling filled with motivation again, Azuki suddenly slaps her cheeks, shocking Chika's mother. Azuki tells her, "Sorry, I'll be going after Chika-chan!"

Azuki narrates: I'm such a dummy. Didn't I already realize it? I shouldn't be hesitating right now. Even though I don't really want to interrupt Chika-chan, and it would be fine even if I waited for him to come back before telling him my feelings, Hiiragi-kun had given me a push on the back. It has to be now. If I don't tell him right now, if I don't hold his hand, Chika-chan, I--...

Azuki runs down the stairs to the first storey and approaches her (and Chika's) secret hiding spot next to the stairwell.

She's reminded of their past conversations at this hiding spot.

Azuki: Hey, Chika-chan.
Chika: What's wrong?
Azuki: Why does Chika-chan hide here when you're unhappy?
Chika: That's because this is the best place where I can calm down.
Azuki: It's been Chika-chan's and my secret hiding place since we were little.


Young and Present Azuki: Chika-chan, I found you. So you were here.


Chika realizes that Azuki is looking at him and is stunned. However, before he can react, Azuki quickly squeezes herself in front of him, going, "Excuse me!!"

While Chika is still processing the situation, Azuki removes his earphones and tells him, "...I'm here to give you my answer for that time."


Chika's heart starts pounding quickly. 

Azuki begins, "Actually-", but she gets interrupted by Chika, who exclaims, "Wait- wait! Wait a minute...!"

Chika: ...5 minutes. I need to prepare my heart... Just 5 minutes...
Azuki: Nope.
Chika: Huh?! Why...


Azuki holds Chika's hands.

She narrates: It's because I want to hurry up and tell you. Would you be surprised, or would you smile? What kind of expression will Chika-chan make? I'm so sorry for making you wait for so long.


Azuki tells Chika, "...Earlier, Hiiragi-kun... confessed to me. It might seem presumptuous of me, but I turned him down. If it was before I learnt about Chika-chan's feelings, I think I definitely would not have rejected Hiiragi-kun. However, after I noticed Chika-chan's feelings, my mind became filled with nothing but Chika-chan. I wanted to be the one who understands Chika-chan the most, but when I realized that I don't know anything, I felt pathetic and frustrated."


Azuki continues, "There's no way things were going to stay the same forever, but I'd been so used to being by your side. Your hand that's grown big, your back, your gentleness, your kind gaze, the time I've spent together with Chika-chan, how important Chika-chan is to me - I totally don't understand any of them. And so..."


Azuki pauses and takes a few breaths in and out. Then she looks straight at Chika again.

She says, "Chika-chan, I want to make you happy. I don't know how to do it, but I want you to always be smiling. I want Chika-chan to be by my side, not anyone else. Even when I turn into an old granny, I still want to be by your side."


Azuki adds, "...I did like Hiiragi-kun, but after I found out about Chika-chan's feelings, I wavered and became selfish. With me like this, the things I'm saying might not have much credibility, but I absolutely don't want to let go of your hand."


Tearing up but smiling, Azuki tells Chika, "I like you so much, Chika-chan."

Chika narrates: No matter in what capacity, as long as we could be together. To me, the answer was clear - to choose to remain as Azuki's childhood friend. So many times, I ran away and made mistakes, but I could never shake off my feelings.


Chika finally responds, "...Liking me - do you really understand what you're saying...? You say that you like me - is it the usual kind of thing that you also say to Daizu? Or are you saying this because we're childhood friends? If not, saying that, this kind of dream-like scenario--..."

Azuki hugs Chika.


While in her embrace, Chika adds, "I want to touch you."

Azuki says to Chika, "It's completely different. It's completely different, you know."

Chika tears up and raises his arms to hug Azuki tightly. He narrates: Always. I've always wanted to have Azuki's heart--...


After 10 minutes, Azuki and Chika are still in the same position (Chika's face buried in her chest). Azuki goes, "...Chika-chan, isn't it about time you looked up?"

Chika: ...No.
Azuki: Why?
Chika: Because.
Azuki: Regardless, I already know that you're crying, you know.
Chika: ......
Azuki: I want to look at Chika-chan's face and talk to you.
Chika (blushing furiously): ......Ah...!


Chika: ...You are really unfair...
Azuki: You're adorable.
Chika: That doesn't make me happy.
Azuki: Super adorable.
Chika: Oi-
Azuki: I can't help it because you're cute.


Chika looks flustered and indignant about being called cute. He then points to the side and says to Azuki, "Ah, there's something on the wall that looks just like Daizu."

Azuki eagerly turns in the direction Chika pointed, going, "Eh?! What, where...", when Chika grabs Azuki's shoulder, then leans in and kisses her neck, surprising her.


Chika grins at Azuki while she stares at him questioningly. When she asks, "What did you just-", Chika answers cheekily, "I kissed your mole."

Azuki (blushing and covering her neck): Wha?!
Chika: It's my revenge.
Azuki: Eh, what- calling it revenge...

Chika gently holds Azuki's hand. He asks, "...Can I do it one more time?"

Azuki gets flustered and blushes, going, "Again?!", but she sees Chika's puppy eyes.


Azuki tightens her hold of Chika's hand, answering, "Okay--...", and the two of them kiss.

Chika narrates: For 12 years, I'd always dreamed of this day, just like a fool.


Chika (shy): So, wearing glasses isn't actually a hindrance.
Azuki (shy too): Ah-...yeah. (I feel so embarrassed...)

Comments