Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai 63 *SPOILERS*

READ HANANOI-KUN TO KOI NO YAMAI 62 SPOILERS HERE

Recap

Last chapter, Hananoi said to Hotaru: "I thought that I need time." "I'll become a person who can live... even if you're not around." "Then, if I can be the person who can make you happy just the way you are--..."

Onsen Time

Hananoi is currently in the onsen with Keigo. Hananoi looks sad and Keigo looks devastated.

Keigo: Y-you... you're saying you broke up?! You gotta be lying!
Hananoi: We haven't broken up. It was just a suggestion.
Keigo (poking Hananoi's forehead furiously): Dummy! Dummy! Dummy!

Keigo: Oh, right... Recently, when you came to consult me (about relationship issues), I mentioned that it would be a good idea to take some time alone, didn't I?! During our free and easy time, the two of you must have just been acting normal... I thought you'd made up... Dummy---

Keigo: You and Hinase-san just had bad timing, right? 
Hananoi: I know. ...I don't think that everything was my fault.
Keigo: I think... Various things aren't going well. To put it simply, you're still feeling hurt about losing your friend, right? I, too, if someone close to me passed away, I'd need a while to recover... That's why, you can take your time to think...
Hananoi: ...Thank you. However, one can no longer look at each case individually. Up to this point, this kind of thing has happened many times. I get depressed and make Hotaru-chan follow me... and it repeats. That's why, other than you, I've talked to and listened to other people (Nishi and Kuroe), have thought about it carefully and came to this conclusion.

Hananoi: That said, I don't intend to ignore Hotaru-chan's opinion. Later, when she hears this, what will she think--...
Keigo: Sigh... Geez---! You're really such an awkward guy--!!! I don't dislike it, though...

Their conversation gets interrupted by other guy classmates shouting for them. They excitedly invite the two boys to watch them compete to see who can hold their breath longer underwater. Hananoi doesn't look impressed, but gets up to join them. Keigo thinks to himself about Hananoi, 'I understand Hananoi's feelings, but I'm more worried about Hinase-san...'

How is Hotaru Doing?

Hotaru is sitting on a bench, alone, in a lobby area somewhere inside the hotel (probably after her bath). She recalls the rest of her conversation with Hananoi earlier.

Hananoi had said, "You don't have to wait. I don't want to tie you down with a promise. Also, this is just a 'suggestion'... so Hotaru-chan, if you say that you don't like it, I'll think of another way."

Hotaru hunches over and holds her head with her hands. She thinks, 'No way, my mind is blank and I can't think of anything. I like you, but I can't be with you...? You don't want my way of life to be distorted... I... the way I am... what does it mean--... Then, what about Saki-kun? Can't Saki-kun just stay as Saki-kun for me? What's wrong with keeping it how it is now, without changing anything...?'

She clenches her fist, thinking hard. However, Hibiki and Shibamura open their room door and call out to Hotaru. They ask her why she hasn't returned to their room after returning from the bath. Hotaru smiles and says that she was a little tired and says that she'll go to the room now.

Hibiki happily remarks that today was fun, and that it's great that Hotaru and Hananoi had good vibes. She says that Hotaru and Hananoi are really good for each other. Hotaru laughs awkwardly.

Next Day

Hotaru thinks, 'I wonder if it'll be better for us if we weren't together so much now. I don't know... but thinking about this while skiing, I ended up falling down...'

She looks defeated, lying face up on the snow. (Everyone is having ski practice right now.)

Hotaru tries to get up, but is unable to. One of her classmates calls out to her and asks if she's alright. Hotaru answers that she'll be fine if she removes her skis, so she asks the classmate to inform their teacher that she'll catch up soon. The classmate acknowledges and leaves.

Hotaru hurries to remove her skis, but has some trouble with it. She starts to panic a little when Hananoi approaches her. He asks her if she's alright.

She says that she's fine, but Hananoi removes his skis anyway, surprising her. He says that remaining here for too long will be dangerous.

Hotaru watches as Hananoi helps her with her skis and looks like she wants to say something. Hananoi removes her left ski and is about to go on to her right foot, when Hotaru starts to tear up and say, "...I, I... hate it, after all..."

Hananoi looks at Hotaru, then answers, "......I understand. When we get back, let's talk again about what we want to do."

Hotaru looks surprised, then relieved as she responds, "Okay... okay...!". She narrates: I'm sure. I'm sure there is a way to make everything work out for the two of us-

Accident

There's a loud thud, and Hananoi suddenly collapses onto Hotaru.

Someone shouts towards them, "Hey!! Are you okay?! The snowboarder suddenly rushed in..."

Hotaru answers that she's fine, but when she tries to get up (Hananoi is lying on top of her), Hananoi flinches and Hotaru sees that he's in pain. They call for the paramedics while Hotaru watches Hananoi, frozen in shock.

At the Hospital

Later, Hotaru is at the lobby of the hospital, sitting alone. Her teacher (Hozumi-sensei) approaches her. He explains that he's settled the paperwork, so she should return to the hotel. The check-ups also determined that Hotaru is fine.

Hotaru says that Hananoi covered her, that's why she was unhurt. She asks if it's ok for her to wait until Hananoi's treatment is over. Hozumi-sensei looks at how downcast Hotaru looks, then sits down near her, wordlessly. He tells her that it's not her fault. It causes Hotaru to recall what she said to Hananoi before: "It's not your fault, Saki-kun."

Hotaru and her teacher remain silent. Then, Hotaru hears some talking from the hospital corridors and she seems to recognize that it's Hananoi. She runs towards the source of the voices. When she turns the corner to find him, her expression is relieved at first, but she is stunned when she sees him.

Hananoi's right arm is in a cast. The teacher who was walking with Hananoi expresses her surprise that Hotaru stayed to wait. The teacher says that she will go to the reception area and leaves Hotaru with Hananoi.

Hananoi asks Hotaru concernedly if she's hurt and when Hotaru (still in a state of shock) replies that she's fine, Hananoi looks relieved. He then says, "Were you waiting for me? Sorry for making you worry; I'm fine."

Hotaru's Thoughts

Memories of the multiple times Hananoi protected Hotaru from harm while not sparing a thought for his own safety flashes through Hotaru's mind.

She recalls her earlier thoughts: 'What's wrong with keeping it how it is now?' 'I wonder if it'll be better for us if we weren't together so much now.'

Hotaru then realizes in her thoughts, '...I see. I guess it's really no good. Before I knew it, I got used to it and didn't understand anymore.'

Tears rolling down her face, Hotaru says to Hananoi, "As long as you're with me, you'll be like 'this'."

Hotaru: I'm...sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so-
Hananoi (gently): Hotaru-chan, shall the two of us... break up, after all? You don't have to cry anymore. It'll be okay, I'm sure that this is for the best.

End of School Trip

The narration reads: Thus, we decided to end this love that we started together.

Hotaru is seen looking sad and distracted while on the journey with her classmates back home (her classmates are busy talking among themselves and don't notice Hotaru's condition). Meanwhile, Hananoi is driven home by his grandmother.

Hananoi's grandmother is cross. She goes, "Good grief, you... It's a relief you didn't injure your dominant arm. Please stay at home until you heal, got it?!"

Hananoi looks sad (his heart probably hurts more than his arm) while he answers, "Okay...".

Surprise...?

When Hananoi and his grandmother reach home, they find a new pair of shoes at the front door (meaning there's a visitor). Hananoi's grandmother goes, "...Huh? These shoes...! Could it be...!"

They hurry into the living room and find a lady sitting on the couch. She goes, "...Oh, welcome home."

Hananoi's Grandmother: Chi-Chizu...?! Chizuru!! You didn't contact me...
Chizuru: Sorry, sorry, I suddenly had time, so. Rather than that, Saki, what happened to your arm?!

Hananoi has a very neutral expression and reaction when he goes, "Mother..."

Chizuru answers, "...Saki, I'm home. I came to see you."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you very much for the translation. I admired Saki so much; he is really mature and thinks things through carefully. When he realized that he was putting too much of himself into the relationship and that he was getting hurt because of it, he decided to break up for the good of both. A relationship is a give and take, and Saki is giving too much, and Hotaru isn’t giving enough. Hotaru is so clueless and innocent that she sometimes comes across as selfish and self-centered. She really needs to mature and learn that relationships are not only dates and fun. She has the bad habit of putting everyone before her relationship and that’s not going to work in the future. She needs to learn to support and be there when Saki needs her. She needs to learn to choose him when it's important, while Saki needs to learn to establish healthy boundaries, he can let Hotaru get away with everything. He can be mad and disappointed at her and show it. She is far from the perfect girlfriend. I wonder what Hotaru will do know.
Anonymous said…
Where do u read the new chapters? Are there no English translations?
Shoujo Sekai said…
I buy the raws! There are English translations, but they are not as updated as the Japanese raws.